Tuesday, December 7, 2010

So, I fly


Recently I began following a blog by Liz Lamoreux, a young artist - and so much more - living in the Pacific Northwest. Liz writes beautifully, and mindfully, about being present in the moment and, from that grounded place, creating a life of joy and creativity. Among her many talents, she creates jewelery of both beauty and soulfulness. One lovely piece she offers is a set of earrings in the shape of owls, and in her Etsy shop she tells the story of how they were created and named. Simply put, I loved that story. And so, with humble thanks to Liz, here it is for your inspiration. I have no doubt you'll leave this post with a smile, and with just a tiny pang deep in your chest.

"When life pushes me beyond what I know
When the joy fills me up

When the fear tries to settle in

When I am holding on to hope with each breath

When all this and more leads me to feel unsure of the next step,

sometimes I step outside, feel the warm sun upon my shoulders, look
up at the blue sky, and make one decision:
I fly."

No comments: